The collector’s edition is a one-of-a-kind keepsake – the ultimate gift for any hockey fan.
The book was published on Sept 30th, 2017, just in time for the 2017-18 NHL season — the 100th anniversary.
A Century of NHL Memories is an image-focused book that celebrates the NHL’s centennial by throwing open the doors to the Hockey Hall of Fame’s archives and unveiling some of the photographic collection’s treasures.
The book pays tribute to the many iconic moments experienced over the past 100 years of the NHL, from early years to its expansion to present day.
The design is simple, clean and modern, showcasing the selected photos and enhancing their visual impact. Each photo has been chosen by the photo archivists at the Hockey Hall of Fame, and features brief descriptive captions, technical photo details and credits.
The focus of the book is to “unveil” photos of players and events that have been rarely showcased, as well as featuring a few iconic shots that fans know and love.
Collector’s Edition Design Details
- There are only 1,000 hand numbered copies available
- The book features a beautiful, matte-finished dust jacket with spot varnish on the “100” for emphasis
- The finish is cloth-bound in black with silver and red foil stamping details on the cover and spine, providing a high-end look
- The matte smooth/silky paper offers a rich and luxurious feel
- The images and chapter titles have a special gloss finish coat for a dynamic visual effect
- The red end sheets add a “pop” of colour
- A photo insert from the Harold Barkley collection (the photographer’s favourite image) is offered as a special gift and is meant to be framed and admired